Read book description and reviews bellow
The Technical Reference Handbook summarizes key mechanical and industrial concepts and provides easy-to-use formulas and tables for solving technical problems. Engineers, technicians, and students associated with mechanical trades, manufacturing, and industrial environments will find this eBook a reliable source of technical information and concepts.
This eBook puts a wide range of technical information at your fingertips. Topics are presented in a logical progression, organized from basic math to advanced numerical control machining. Topics also covered in this edition include significant digits, scientific notation, precision measurements, tolerance stack, standard tolerancing, engineering fits, material properties, stress and strain, threaded fasteners, mechanical drive speed ratios, and numerical control machining.
This reference book includes the following sections:
1. Mathematics—covers basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry concepts with numerous examples and formulas.
2. Measurement—describes the SI and U.S. customary systems of measurement and their common units. It also includes information on common measuring tools and precision measurement procedures.
3. Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing—summarizes various dimensioning and tolerancing methods, with special focus on feature control characteristics.
4. Mechanics—includes information on the mechanical principles of force, motion, and power. Also included is information on heat transfer, fluids, and pressure.
5. Materials—presents basic concepts of material properties and formulas for describing the behavior of materials under different types of loads.
6. Machine Elements—covers the functions, features, and specifications of purchased parts such as fasteners, gears, and pulleys.
7. Machining—describes common machining principles and processes and the application of these processes to numerical control machining.
• Appendix—includes extra tables and charts to complement and enhance the information covered in the chapters.
• Glossary—lists key terms defined in the chapters alphabetically.
• Index—offers hyperlinked terms that lead directly to the applicable section.