Read book description and reviews bellow
How many times have you come across a gluten-free recipe claiming to be "just as good as the normal version!", only to find that the author must have had some skewed memories on what the "normal" version tasted, looked, and/or felt like?
How many times have you felt the need to settle for food with weird after-taste, gummy consistency, or cardboard-like texture, convinced that this is your new lot in life?
Most gluten-free recipes are developed by taking a "normal" recipe, and swapping in a simulated "all purpose" gluten-free flour... whether store bought, or a homemade version.
"Beyond Flour" takes a bit of a different approach: developing the recipe from scratch. Rather than just swapping out the flour for an "all purpose" mix, Marie Porter uses various alternative flours as individual ingredients, and does NOT make use of any kind of all-purpose flour mix. Supporting ingredients and different techniques are also utilized to achieve the perfect end goal ... not just a "reasonable facsimile".
Think about it:
- Fresh pasta! Yes, you can have ravioli again — Gyoza too!
- Homemade "Chinese takeout", BETTER than the real thing!
- Deep dish pizza that's crispy outside & tender inside... like pizza is SUPPOSED to be!
- Chewy, delicious cookies that *everyone* will want to eat!
- Never having to present a dish with an apology for it being Gluten-Free.
- Indulging some of your deepest, darkest guilty pleasure cravings... safely and joyously!
Make no mistake — this is NOT a healthy cookbook. You will find yourself gorging on foods that you thought would never cross your lips again. You'll probably gain some weight, and you'll definitely need to learn how to defend your gluten-free food from invasion by your non-GF friends and family. (Well, or make enough for everyone!)